Recently I have been spending a lot on Mountain Dew and this has forced me to rethink my spending habits. Though spending on Mountain Dew does not actually add to the grocery bill, it can relate to it in some way. In this post, to help me and you to cut grocery bill, I will list out 7 effective ways that may even cut grocery bill in half. So here it goes…
- No! Budget is not the headache of the Finance Minister alone. Families need to budget their spending as much as possible. Create and manage a weekly/monthly grocery budget and try your best to stick to it. You may also need to plan your weekly menu. This will cut your grocery bill to a great extent.
- Another thing that may help you to cut grocery bill is to go shopping alone. Kids can add more items to the shopping cart easier than you can. And it is much easier to refuse yourself than the kids. So to cut grocery bill, try to shop alone as much as possible. (Don’t be hard on kids though… kids are great)
- Try to limit the number of trips to the grocery store at minimum. The more you go, the more you’ll buy. As pointed out in the point number 1, if you have a weekly menu planned, you can plan your trips to the grocery shop accordingly. So to cut grocery bill make fewer but larger trips to the grocery shop.
- Don’t go shopping hungry. When you are hungry you buy more. So to cut grocery bill try to shop after you had your meal.
- Create your own price-book. Price-books are easy to create and requires nothing but a notepad and a pen. Price-book contains the price of your regularly purchased product prices at different stores. For example, you might have a page titled “milk” and there you can keep records of prices of Milk at different stores of your locality. So this can also help to cut your grocery bill.
- Try to learn about your local store’s sale cycles. All businesses have cycles and your store will have one too. Try to keep an eye out from discount coupons and double discount coupons to maximize your savings. But when buying grocery with coupons remember to buy only the products that you normally buy. Don’t crazy by seeing the SALE sign.
- To cut grocery bill avoid canned and processed food as much as possible and try to cook from scratch. I know that cooking gets much easier when done with processed food but you will save a great deal if you do it from scratch.
If you follow these tips I believe that you will cut grocery bill to a great deal and you even may save about 50% of what you used to sped.
What do you do to save money on grocery?
You have read about what I had to say about cutting grocery bills, now its your turn to share your knowledge and experience about how to cut grocery bill. What methods do you apply? Use the comment box below to share your thoughts.
Helpful Book: Cut Your Grocery Bill In Half